SQL Server Consultancy
I help people with their database needs and provide excellent SQL Server consultancy. My skills range from Performance tuning and High Availability to day to day tasks to ensure that your database remains efficient and available.
- Denying Access To TempDB (4/27/2015) - So before we get into this I suppose the question is “why would you even want to do this?!” I’m not advocating this idea, I’m just saying it is possible, and I suppose it prevents users from creating temp tables … Continue reading
- Cumulative Updates – SQL Server 2014 RTM CU7 (4/23/2015) - As part of their Incremental Service Modelling, Microsoft have released SQL Server 2014 Cumulative Update #7.
- Can You Use “LIKE” In a Filtered Index (4/7/2015) - I was playing around with filtered indexes the other day on a test system, and it got me wondering: “what operators can you use in the predicates to filter the index?” For example, thinking out loud, in the interest of … Continue reading
Upcoming UK SQL Server User Group Events
- Wednesday night meeting with Dmytro Andriychenko and Qasim Rasa
- Thursday night Meeting with Dmytro Andriychenko and Qasim Rasa
- SQL London Chapter Event 14th May 2015, join us for BIML (Stephen Leach - IMGROUP) & another session (TBA)
- Wednesday night Meeting with Tony Rogerson and James Rowland-Jones October 6, 2015 12:00 am
- Thursday night meeting with Tony Rogerson and James Rowland-Jones November 6, 2015 12:00 am